Permissions or what!?! <: \

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Nov 10 18:51:03 GMT 2001

No.
What this means is this: User fred on a windows (or linux) machine accesses
the samba server. His name might be fred.
With my set up, samba will make note of that but will assign him the user
name of ftp, with all the rights of user ftp, including ftp's group, which is
likely also ftp. This will be transparent to to the fred, except for the
limitation placed on his actions by being assigned user ftp.
Joel