[Samba] Re: Shortened sharenames

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Nov 10 17:27:05 GMT 2001

Joel Hammer wrote:

> It doesn't seem to matter how long you make the share name. It only uses the
> first 13 or so characters. How is this a problem?

    I believe his "problem" is that he does want to see the full name, not just
the first 13 characters...  I don't have that "problem" since all my shares are
less than 10 characters to begin with.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130