Patch for events like "On Create", "On Modify"...

Daniel William Schultz danws at terra.com.br
Sat Nov 10 09:19:16 GMT 2001

Hi all :)

I have spent my night thinking about one problem that my company asked me to solve, and I come to the conclusion that is a little
bit easy to do ( I guess... ).
The problem with the Recycle bin was solved with the patches that Brandon made ( http://www.amherst.edu/~bbstone/howto/samba.html )...the recycle bin is working fine :)
Lets see: The files go to the bin on a kind of "On delete" event ?
Why don't create one patch for "On Create/Modify" event ? We could use it for checking viruses "on the fly", dont you think ?

I was looking in the subdirs of the samba source, and I found one audit.c , on examples/VFS...it looks like a kind of
logging on create/modify/delete/chmod files and create/delete/rename directories.

Looking by this side, we could change the audit.c, and instead of logging this actions, it could exec one command like:

"/usr/local/av/uvscan --parameters... %var"

I really don't know how to do this ( In fact I'm trying to find some docs about C to see if I find the parameter needed to change the audit.c to execute other command ), and I will try to learn a bit of C to change, but I don't know if I will make it...

So, the idea is released...my boss is asking every day for this, and I don't know another way to make things easier to work
with one antivirus :/

Thanks to Brandon for the Recycle Bin patches, thank you all for the attention.

Daniel William Schultz.