Re; Samba 2.2.2

Filo filo at skrzynka.pl
Sat Nov 10 06:41:13 GMT 2001

It fortunatelly isn't. It is Extended inet whit slightly diffrent
configuration. Instead of adding lines to inetd.conf you have to create
diffrent files for every service (netbios-ssn netbios-ns swat) and put them
into wright directory (which is specified in includedir in xinetd.conf).
netbios-ns should have this inside:
"service netbios-ns
{
 disable = no
 socket_type  = dgram
 wait   = yes
 user   = root
 server   = /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd
}"

netbios-nss should have this inside:
"service netbios-ssn
{
 disable = no
 socket_type  = stream
 wait   = no
 user   = root
 server   = /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd
}"

swat should have this inside:
"service swat
{
 disable = no
 socket_type  = stream
 wait   = no
 user   = root
 server   = /usr/local/samba/bin/swat
}"

or put all parts of the text above in xinetd.conf

PS I'm not samba or Superserver guru so better confront these pieses of
information with man