Permissions or what!?! <: \

Roleigh Martin roleigh at pobox.com
Fri Nov 9 20:39:02 GMT 2001

Joel,

This is a nice setup, I've been having problems with passwords too
even though I did the samba password thing -- I think my problems
are that I took the option with Redhat Linux 7.1 Pro Server install
to do password shadowing and MD5 passwords.  I think that has caused
me a lot of problems.  I don't need any security on my samba network
except to freeze out anything beyond the Linksys firewall (cable
router/firewall).  I have a 4 user PC network in my home so all
stations are personal family members.  Is there a way to modify the
below script so that only those hardwardwire-connected to the local
ethernet lan have access?

Yes, I'm just learning the ropes on sysadmin Linux (although I've been
an AIX programmer for over 10 years but never had root authority until
I got my Linux machine a month ago).

Thanks!

Roleigh Martin