Command line DB reads

THIBADEAU,DAN (HP-Roseville,ex1) dan_thibadeau at hp.com
Fri Nov 9 16:08:02 GMT 2001

Thanks, I guess I could have been more specific.  Sorry. :)

No the "lpq command" won't work.  I have a mixed client base that will be
printing from PC's (Samba) and HPUX/Linux (LPD).  I would like my UX clients
to be able to see the correct information when they run the "lpq command"
from the command line (ie: lpstat or lpq).  Now all filenames are
"smbprn.00001.a12345" and owned by "pcguest".

Since the "real" information was in the Samba databases, it would be nice to
have a "read only" tool to get that information from the TDB files.  It
would make writing a "lpstat wrapper" and other tools much easier.

Failing that, I have already written a custom "print command", but is a
horrible kludge right now.  :)

Thanks,

Dan T.