RES: Samba recycle bin FOR 2.2.2 ( READ IT )

Daniel William Schultz danws at terra.com.br
Thu Nov 8 13:12:06 GMT 2001

> Hello everyone,
> Being a child of the RPM's, I was wondering if there is a way to
apply the
> patches either via rpm, or a way to recompile without changing the
current
> directories that the rpm has installed samba into. If someone could
either
> help out or give me a link to info that would help me figure this
out, I
> would be greatly appreciative.

Using a kind of trick you can do it.

rpm -ivh samba-2.2.2.src.rpm

The sources will stay in /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES

go into this directory, and follow the steps:

tar -xvzf samba-2.2.2.tar.gz

cd samba-2.2.2

*Apply the patches as described on the samba network recycle bin
homepage*

-->> http://www.amherst.edu/~bbstone/howto/samba.html

cd /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES

rm -f samba-2.2.2.tar.gz

tar -cvf samba-2.2.2.tar samba-2.2.2/

gzip --best samba-2.2.2.tar

Get it ? You replace the samba-2.2.2.tar.gz with your samba-
2.2.2.tar.gz ( modified! )

It looks stupid, but works :)

After that, go to /usr/src/rpm/SPECS

and...