xinetd, what's the trick?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Nov 8 06:42:03 GMT 2001

smb is not an xinetd based service...

try running:

chkconfig --list

See if smb is set to run at the runlevel you have your server set to boot
to.

If not, try

chkconfig --level 5 smb on

(or, if your server boots up into runlevel 3, change the 5 to a 3)

Charles