Low speed copying from samba server - why ???

WiemWszystko! info at wiemwszystko.pl
Thu Nov 8 06:11:03 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I am looking for a help in following question:
There is samba v.2.0.7 installed on server (hdd 40 GB 7200 rpm, 512 RAM,
Intel 1Ghz Processor, Network controller 10/100 Mbps level one with RTL 8139
Chipset, Hub 10 MBit). If I copy files from workstation under win 98to samba
server, the transfer rate is o.k. (750.00 - 1.000.000 Bps), but if I copy
files from samba server to workstation the transfer rate is more then 12
times slower. What is going on? Any suggestions?

My smb.conf:

[global]

   log level = 1
   create mask = 0777