Can't mount floppy and cdrom!

Sujan Nandy sujan at ebizindia.com
Thu Nov 8 05:51:04 GMT 2001

Dear Sir,
         I have everything set up on my red hat Linux 7.1 linux box. For
sometime I could mount cd's and floppies automatically, but now something
seems to have gone wrong. I can't mount my floppy(/dev/fd0) and
cdrom(/dev/cdrom) manually or automatically. At startup it says ...

/dev/fd0 is not a valid block device.
/dev/cdrom is write protected...mounting read only!
mount: No medium found.

How can this problem be solved. Please anyone out there, do try to help me
out!

Regards n best wishes
Sujan Nandy

Agrawal Consultants, Calcutta, India
Authorised dealer of PostMaster, by QuantumLink Communications Pvt. Ltd.
One Internet account, Unlimited E-mail IDs.