winbind and pam files

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Nov 7 17:34:05 GMT 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Kevin wrote:

> In the winbind docs it says the following:
>
> "In /etc/pam.d/* replace the auth lines with something
> like this:"
>
> By this (/etc/pam.d/*) do they mean that we change ALL
> the files in that directory?  If not, what files do we

Yes, Any file that represents the auth for a service you want you're
NT users to have access to.
ie:
~# cd /etc/pam.d/
/etc/pam.d# ls
chfn  ftp   kbdrate  other   pop     sshd  system-auth  xserver
chsh  imap  login    passwd  radius  su    xdm

If you only want people to su ssh and pop then only change those files.

You your system has lines like:
...... pam_stack...system_auth
then you only need to change the system auth file and all the other use that
as a reference.

HTH

Yours Tony.

/*