Help

Maruthi Narayanaswamy maruthi at easi.soft.net
Wed Nov 7 17:19:02 GMT 2001

Hi Samba Admins,
I have installed Samba 2.2.2 on Solaris 2.7.
I am facing a problem which is as fallows.
When I double click the Sun system on the network neighbourhood on WinNT
system,I am prompted for user name and password.When I enter the same,it
says incorrect username and password.When I use "net use" command from
command prompt on NT system,it get a message back
as "access denied".I have created the same username/password on both NT
as well as Sun server.
I did all suggested by man pages,like editing registery of NT client for
enabling plain text username/password.Also I tried giving "security =
server & password server = sunsystem/NT system.Things didnot workout.
Please advice.

regards
Maruthi