Samba on Win2K

Barker, Brian W. BRIAN.W.BARKER at saic.com
Wed Nov 7 09:26:05 GMT 2001

Success on Win2k --

Someone made the suggestion that I set 'encrypt passwords = yes'
in my smb.conf on my Solaris machine, and then run
smbpasswd -a "username" where "username" is my Solaris-Unix
login name, along with the same password. When I go to my Win2k
machine and try and map a network drive, as that same username
and password, it all works! Magical.

(also stopped and started my smbd and nmbd on the Unix machine)

Brian