[pamldap] Problem with win2000 pro

Poirier Xavier xpoirier at ch-bourg01.fr
Wed Nov 7 07:44:02 GMT 2001

En réponse à Himanshu Khona <himanshu.khona at wipro.com>:

Hi and thanks,

I think i i've resolved my problem :
I saw in the samba mailing-lists that you must put the "encrypted password"
value to "yes" in smb.conf and add the user you want to connect in the
file "smbpasswd".I've tryed it and effectively it is working now!
This is for WIN 2000 and XP I think.
But ...
What can I do now ????? with my pam_ldap module, with is not going to work
anymore if samba server make use of a file (a new one!) integrating passwords,
now ?
What I want to do, and THIS was working (before I change to win2000), is SAMBA
to make use of module PAM (in pam.d) to authenticate my user!

got any idea of this ?

thanks for your help.
Have a nice day

> HI!!
>
> Check the logs that should give u a better idea.
> Guess thats the problem with win2000 client rather then pam.
>
> Himanshu
>
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Poirier Xavier wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My config is : linux mandrake 7.1 with openldap 1.2.11
> > All is ok.
> > I was using the pam_ldap module on my linux system to authenticate
> user for
> > samba connections, it is ok on a windows95 system to connect to a
> share
> > connection on the linux server across openldap, but when I migrate my
> machine
> > on win2000 Pro it says for the connection : "the machine is not
> autorized to
> > connect on this host" !! (??) (I' ve not changed anything of configs)
> > What could happen?
> > Is it possible to connect with a windows 2000 pro machine on a linux
> samba share
> > across openldap ?
> > Is this a openldap or Samba or padl question ? I don' t know ...
> > ... windows is borring me
> > I dream of a compatible world, y dream ...
> >

> > Xavier
> > mailto: xpoirier at ch-bourg01.fr

Xavier
mailto: xpoirier at ch-bourg01.fr