Failed to set socket option ?

ed.rolison at power.alstom.com ed.rolison at power.alstom.com
Wed Nov 7 02:04:02 GMT 2001

I'm running Samba_2.2.0 on Solaris 2.6, and recently I got a report of a
problem.
One of my users is runing MS C++ and reported, that on a samba shared
drive, the 'source browser' option of C++ was causing it to hang.
In the samba logs, to correlate with this were the following errors:

[2001/11/07 09:16:26, 0] lib/util_sock.c:(165)
  Failed to set socket option SO_KEEPALIVE (Error Bad file number)
[2001/11/07 09:16:26, 0] lib/util_sock.c:(165)
  Failed to set socket option TCP_NODELAY (Error Bad file number)
[2001/11/07 09:18:33, 0] lib/util_sock.c:(479)
  read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

A restart of samba has seemed to sort the problem, but I was wondering if
anyone has any idea what might be causing this?
A bug? Or is something more seriously wrong with our system? I had a look
on the mailing list, and saw a few people with similar problems, but
couldn't spot a solution to the problem.

Cheers.

Ed Rolison

CONFIDENTIALITY:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If
you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do
not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or
store or copy the information in any medium.