The problem with installing Samba.

Jan Hrabal jhrabal at uniscomp.cz
Wed Nov 7 00:23:05 GMT 2001

Hallo!
Can you help me ?
I`have this problem: I`m installing Samba on SCO505.
After  tar xvf samba-2.2.2.tar in /tmp directory and
cd ./source in samba directory I typing ./configure  and output is
(config.log):

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while running
configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
configure:758: checking for gcc configure:871: checking whether the C
compiler (gcc -O  ) works configure:887: gcc -o conftest -O
conftest.c  1>&5
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 882 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h" main(){return(0);}

Where is  problem? I don`t know, becouse this my first installation.
Thank you.
Jan Hrabal
Brno
Czech rep.