problems with failed to set_socket_option SO_KEEPALIVE(bad file descriptor) etc

may.leo tardioli mayleo at telus.net
Tue Nov 6 20:46:03 GMT 2001

I just started using SAMBA/LINUX about a month ago so I am a beginner!  We
started using SAMBA share with NT about a month ago and everything was
working fine until today.

Problem we are getting when we are running from the SAMBA share - very slow
response and
looking in the log

receiving

Failed to set_socket_option SO_KEEP_ALIVE(bad file descriptor)
Failed to set_socket_option TCP_nodelay (bad file descriptor)

Gethostbyaddr failed for ......

I am able to ping the client , and ping the linux server from client.

What should I be looking for????