The directory name is invalid...

Casey Lewis clewis at rrpartners.com
Tue Nov 6 18:52:02 GMT 2001

Hi all,
I run several Samba server in our organization and I'm currently having
problems with an install of Samba 2.2.2 on Slackware 7.1

I've got several shares setup and I'm having trouble accessing files in
the root of each share. If I run \\lvfs\caseyl from Run on the StartMenu
in Win2K, I get a listing of the share. If I try to double click on a
file in the root of that share to open it I get 'The directory name is
invalid'. If I map the share to a drive (i.e. map \\lvfs\caseyl to y:\),
that same file opens fine.

Has anyone else seen this before?
Is there anything I can do to make it work or is this just how it is?

Thanks,
-casey