samba issues

Nevada Blair nevonline at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:47:04 GMT 2001

Hello good people at samba.org

I'm having some problems with samba, here is the situation.

I edited my smb.conf file and test it with "testparm" I then
do a smbclient -L #UNIX SERVER# and I get a

session request to #UNIX SERVER# failed
session request to #SAMBA SERVER# failed

Can you tell me where I go from here?

This problem accrued after we switched from a UNIX firewall to
a NT ISA.

I have been through the DIAGNOSING YOUR SAMBA SERVER on the samba.org
web site and stuck at TEST#3

can you tell me what address should I put in the network interface field, is
it the address of the network adapter for the samba server?

Can you please help?