SAMBA-box disappears from WINS

Krieger-Juhnke, Kai K.Krieger-Juhnke at VWFSAG.DE
Tue Nov 6 03:36:02 GMT 2001

Hi out there!
I've a problem with a SAMBA-box (2.2.2 on AIX 4.3.3). I use a WINDOWS-NT4
Machine as WINS-Server. The Ip-Address of the WINS-Server is given to the
SAMBA-Box with the following entry in the global section:
 wins server = 172.16.0.4
Everything works fine, the SAMBA-Box is registrated to the WINS-Server
dynamically. But after about 7 days, this entry disappears from the
WINS-Database, so I think, the nmbd fails to reregistrade dynamically to the
WINS-Server. Any idea, how th fix this problem?
Thanks,
Kai

Kai Krieger-Juhnke

VOLKSWAGEN BANK GMBH