printing on raw printer causes Win2K application crash

Bernd Prager bprager at iamerica.net
Mon Nov 5 11:52:03 GMT 2001

Hi everybody,

I'm running RedHat kernel 2.2.12 and Samba 2.2.0.
---------- snip --------------------
I have two printer configure:
##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL DJ6xxP 300x300 letter {} HPDeskJet6xxP Default 1
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/usb/lp0:\
        :if=/usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/master-filter:

##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL
raw:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/raw:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/usb/lp0:
---------- snip --------------------
The printer "lp:" works (with minor issues, but it works) but the I cant
address
the "raw" printer. I have a HPDJ640C and configure Windows to use the HP
driver.
As soon as I select the "raw:" driver the application crashes.

I can't find any appropriate error messages neither on the Win nor on the
Linux side.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
-- Bernd