can't compile under RH 7.2

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Mon Nov 5 10:32:02 GMT 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, James Simons wrote:

> After running the make install it reprted this error
>
> make: warning: Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
>
> What does this mean?

That the time changed in a way that make did not expect (backwards I
think ... stop time travelling, immediately!)

make uses file modification times to know what to recompile, if the clock
is not reliable you may get a build where it didn't compile everything.

NTP and other things that update the system time could cause this.
(although I think ntp is smarter than to let time move backwards)

And since you are compiling on RH7.2, just do what Jeremy says:
"Until I have the auto-detection in, hack the Makefile and add
 the entry -DBROKEN_REDHAT_7_SYSTEM_HEADERS to the CFLAGS line."

/Urban