Hidden directories in the latest samba release

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Sun Nov 4 21:14:04 GMT 2001

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, HeadTechnican @ Mathco.com wrote:

> I have a question.
>
> I have installed the latest samba release
> from the source. My problem is that i can't
> seem to be able to set the hidden flag on
> the directories from windows. It does work
> fine with the files.

The H bit maps onto the world-execute bit.
The 'x' bit is necessary to change to a directory.
We don't apply the DOS attribute maps to directories,
because of this (hint: what would happen if a
dircetory was non-hidden which is the norm?)
See smbd/dosmode.c for mode details.

chers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org