Locking Database Error:

Jim LaSalle jjlasalle at home.com
Sun Nov 4 18:07:03 GMT 2001

This was a PITA to fix. I finally came up with this solution. Don't know
why it works because none of this is referenced in the Makefile. I'm
guessing it's screwed up because I used the stock samba RPM on the Red
Hat 7.1 iso CD.

Put these two symbolic links in your /etc/samba directory.

    codepages -> /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages
    smb.conf -> /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf