Win2k Roaming Profiles problems under NTFS

Todd Pfaff pfaff at edge.cis.mcmaster.ca
Sat Nov 3 14:10:26 GMT 2001

Ignasi,

You mention that you set DeleteRoamingCache in the registry.

I was also having this problem with Windows 2000, even with Service Pack 2
installed, until I realized that DeleteRoamingCache is in different
locations in WinNT and Win2000.

WinNT...
\Registry\Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
  DeleteRoamingCache =3D REG_DWORD 0x1

Win2000...
\Registry\Machine\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
McMaster University                   \
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \