Samba swamps the server's CPU

Eric P. McCoy ctr2sprt at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 10:55:02 GMT 2001

jra at samba.org (Jeremy Allison) writes:

> Can you test something for me - add the line "kernel oplocks = no"
> to the [global] section of the smb.conf.

It seems to cause a slight increase in performance and drops the
(per-CPU) load from 100% to about 50%.  But performance is still
unacceptably slow.

> Is the slowdown 100% reproducible with certain apps ? If so, a
> debug level 10 trace would alsio help.

Er, I don't think I should send the entire 6.9MB log file to this
list.  What parts would you like?

--
Eric McCoy <ctr2sprt at yahoo.com>

"I woke up this morning and realized what the game needed: pirates,
pimps, and gay furries."  - Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka