swat problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Nov 2 22:01:04 GMT 2001

SWAT is a program that listens on your port 901. It talks to browsers.
It must be run, as far as I can tell, from xinetd. So, read about how to
configure xinetd to start swat. If you are going to use RH linux, you have
to learn this anyway.
Basically, xinetd is a program which listens to a variety of ports. When a
request is received at one of the monitored ports, it starts a specific
program, like swat if port 901 is active or in.telnetd if port 23 is active.
This sounds simple but it gets complicated of course.
I haven't gotten swat to run as a stand alone daemon.

Joel