Samba and Win98 dail up connection

Tamu Green tamu at sprynet.com
Fri Nov 2 16:59:02 GMT 2001

I have a home network with my dial up connection on the windows 98 machine.
Since I have installed SAMBA and configured the computers to see each other,
I can no longer pull up a website on the windows 98 machine.  The problem is
that I have assigned a permanent IP address for the Intranet.  I have to use
DHCP for the dail up connection.  Therefore the IP address that I assign to
Windows machine for samba does not work with the dail up connection account.
If I have not confused anyone, what should I do?