Help with Swat

Pat Riedlinger patr at precidesign.com
Fri Nov 2 10:12:04 GMT 2001

Hello!

I am a Linux newbie. I have put a DHCP network together (to share windows
drives on home computers) and I cannot get SWAT to work. On Redhat 7.0, SWAT
is a choice in the settings bar on the Gnome desktop. When I run swat, the
error message is something like "error, connection timed out" from Netscape.
As far as I can tell, the port is inactive "http://localhost:901"

I CAN get Samba to run, and I monkeyed with my Samba.conf file and got one
share established (a linux user account-I must login as that user)

I would REALLY like to run Swat. I'm not a great Linux administrator. I
don't really know what I am doing.

Any advice?

Pat R