Samba on Win2K

Barker, Brian W. BRIAN.W.BARKER at saic.com
Fri Nov 2 07:45:02 GMT 2001

Hello - I have a simple LAN with a Solaris server, one WIN95 machine
and one WIN2K machine. I want to share a Solaris disk with the 2
PCs. Samba is running fine on Solaris, I can see the disk from my
WIN95 machine and can access and modify files on it. My simple
smb.conf on the Solaris machine is:

[global]
workgroup = MYGROUP

[datah]
path = /data/h
writeable = yes

All Solaris diagnostics look ok. When I go to my WIN2K machine,
and try and 'map a network drive (\\dobbs\datah) where dobbs is the
Solaris machine, I get the error message:

Attempting to connect to ...
"The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

On my WIN2K my workgroup is MYGROUP and my login name and
password are the same as they are on the Solaris machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

(PS: my WIN2K can see dobbs, I can 'ping dobbs' and telnet and ftp to it.)

Brian Barker
SAIC
Rosslyn, VA