Connecting through a firewall

Hans Scheffers hans at jiffie.nl
Thu Nov 1 23:37:03 GMT 2001

Hello Joel,

Friday, November 02, 2001, 1:19:22 AM, you wrote:

JH> This is not much information to work with.
JH> Are you trying to set up cross network browsing?
JH> Who controls the firewall?
JH> Joel
JH> On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 08:51:26PM +0100, Hans Scheffers wrote:

Yes I think it is cross networking. I am controlling the firewall, and
have opened 137 for UDP, 138 and 139 for TCP to go through.
The server with samba is on the DMZ (192.168.1.2), the pc's I want to be able to
connect are on the internal net (192.168.0.xxx).
smbclient -L SERVER works ok, nmblookup -B SERVER __SAMBA__ also