Help...Help....WInbind Enum User Problem in Samba 2.2.2

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Nov 1 20:15:04 GMT 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, ncc22, Gecis (CAP, GECIS) wrote:

> Hi!,
> I have done everything same as you have specified below.
>
> Now Only thing what I have changed later is :
> >  	winbind enum users = yes
> >   	 winbind enum groups = yes
> >
> I am able to get reply from # wbinfo -u
>
> 		and	# wbinfo -g i am able to see the domain user and groups.
>

> Now I need to know , what # wbinfo -t and "finger DOMAIN\user "will return  ,how to log the diffrent thred in detail.

Okay if you have:
winbind enum users = no in your smb.conf file then finger will not work.

I suggest that you leave both the "winbind enum" options at yes wheil you're
setting things up.  Once you have it going then you can set them to "no"

On my system.
# wbinfo -t
Secret is good
# finger CANNING\\tony
Login: CANNING\tony                     Name: Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima
Directory: /home/CANNING/tony           Shell: /bin/bash
Never logged in.
No mail.
No Plan.

Hope that helps.