Profiles store in server

amoote at fpelectronics.com amoote at fpelectronics.com
Thu Nov 1 10:44:03 GMT 2001

you could use the "veto files =" option in [global]

set a list of files/folders to be invisible to the users like this:

veto files = /*.vbs/*.eml/Desktop/Cookies/

...and on and on and on...

It's a quick and easy fix.  Otherwise you'll have to use

logon home = \\%N\%U
logon path = \\%N\%U

options to specify another directory altogether to store profiles.

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries
tel: 905.624.7908
fax: 905.625.6197

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "Ariel Mella"          |
|        |          <ariel at jusbaires.gov.ar|
|        |          >                      |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          samba-ntdom-admin at lists|
|        |          .samba.org             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          11/01/2001 01:50 PM    |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                          |
  |      To:     <samba at lists.samba.org>, <samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org>                                      |
  |      cc:                                                                                                 |
  |      Subject:     Profiles store in server                                                               |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have a samba PDC.
all its working ok.
i have one share per user and maps its to the users with the "net use p:
/home" in the logon script.
the problem is that im using this script to add a drive in "My Computer"
and
the users copy important data to this drive and later ill back up directly
in the server...
using the policies i activate roaming profiles and now all the "Aplication
Data" is copying to the drive of the user.. thats ok, but i want to know if
there is a way to choose another directory to store the data of the profile
of the users and "hide" (browseable = no) this data to the user, because
the
users only knows about microsoft office files and when they come to its own
directory the see a lot of garbage (aplication data containign IE, Outlook
Express, etc.)

thx