WinXP - Can Join 2.2.2 domain - Not log on

Ted Wisniewski ted at ness.plymouth.edu
Thu Nov 1 10:18:08 GMT 2001

(* I'm not sure about this one, but my guess is you will
(* have to delete the machine account from the server,
(* and rejoin after changing the settings on XP. Hope
(* that helps.

	I have done that a few times now....  nope...

Ted

(*
(* --- Ted Wisniewski <ted at ness.plymouth.edu> wrote:
(* > I have read through the mail archives to find a
(* > solution to my problem...
(* > to no avail.  Here is the issue:
(* >
(* > 	I have a Samba 2.2.2 acting as a PDC, with Win2k I
(* > can join the domain
(* > and logon as a domain user.   No problem.  (So it is
(* > working and set up
(* > properly).
(* >
(* > With WinXP - Pro, I can join the domain,
(* > successfully.  However, once I
(* > do the reboot I cannot logon as a domain user as I
(* > did with Win2k.  I get the
(* > following message:
(* >
(* > 	"Windows cannot connect to the domain, either
(* > because the domain
(* > 	controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or
(* > because your computer
(* > 	account was not found.  etc..."
(* >
(* > I have tried the "SignorSeal" registry hack I found
(* > in the samba 2.2.2
(* > distribution, however the registry editor refuses to
(* > enter it into the registry.
(* > So I manually changed the registry entry from "1" to
(* > "0".  But still
(* > I can't logon.  Am I missing something obvious?  If
(* > anyone has been able
(* > to get it working, what did you do that I have not?
(* >
(* > Thanks,
(* >
(* > 	Ted
(* >
(* > --
(* > |   Ted Wisniewski    		     INET:
(* > ted at mail.plymouth.edu        |
(* > |   Information Technology Services
(* > ted at wiz.plymouth.edu         |
(* > |   Plymouth State College
(* > tedw at tigger.plymouth.edu     |
(* > |   Plymouth NH, 03264               HTTP:
(* > http://oz.plymouth.edu/~ted/ |
(* >
(* > --
(* > To unsubscribe from this list go to the following
(* > URL and read the
(* > instructions:
(*
(*
(* =====
(* -----------------------------------------------
(* Sean P. Elble
(* Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
(* ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
(* http://www.reactivelinux.com/
(* elbles at reactivelinux.com
(* -----------------------------------------------
(*
(* Do You Yahoo!?
(* Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
(* http://personals.yahoo.com
(*
(* --
(* To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
(* instructions:  http://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/samba
(*