WinXP - Can Join 2.2.2 domain - Not log on

Ted Wisniewski ted at ness.plymouth.edu
Thu Nov 1 05:39:02 GMT 2001

I have read through the mail archives to find a solution to my problem...
to no avail.  Here is the issue:

	I have a Samba 2.2.2 acting as a PDC, with Win2k I can join the domain
and logon as a domain user.   No problem.  (So it is working and set up
properly).

With WinXP - Pro, I can join the domain, successfully.  However, once I
do the reboot I cannot logon as a domain user as I did with Win2k.  I get the
following message:

	"Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain
	controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer
	account was not found.  etc..."

I have tried the "SignorSeal" registry hack I found in the samba 2.2.2
distribution, however the registry editor refuses to enter it into the registry.
So I manually changed the registry entry from "1" to "0".  But still
I can't logon.  Am I missing something obvious?  If anyone has been able
to get it working, what did you do that I have not?

Thanks,

	Ted

--
|   Ted Wisniewski    		     INET:  ted at mail.plymouth.edu        |