security level problem

Marcin Brynda Marcin.Brynda at chiphy.unige.ch
Thu May 10 14:19:47 GMT 2001

I'm desperately trying to configure my Samba server under Linux. When I'm
in the security level = SHARE everything runs smoothly. But when I switch
to the security level = USER and I try to connect from my PC I get the
following Windows box: Resources  MYSERVER\ICP$ asking me for the password.
Every password I'm trying is wrong.
The same applies when I'm trying to connect via net view or net use from
DOS. I get an error with: Incorrect network password.
I checked 10 times my smb.conf file but everything seems to be all right.
My smbpasswd file is also OK. When performing Samba diagnosis on the step 3
(smbclient L MYSERVER) I get: session request to MYSERVER failed (Not
listening for calling name). I checked hosts allow but I have the 127. for
the server itself. Also the IP number, broadcast and netmask are correct
when I check it with smblookup.

	Could somebody help me to resolve this problem: How to connect to the
server from the PC in the security level = USER mode????
	Thanks in advance.