Microsoft Project 2000

Nick Hibma n_hibma at qubesoft.com
Thu May 10 13:48:51 GMT 2001

As a follow up to a question I found on the Samba mailing list:

> Jane opens this project [with MS Project], makes changes, tries to
> save it, and it refuses.  Gives a popup box saying basically You
> don't have permission to save this file.  When you look at the file
> permissions through Unix, everything looks fine.  Even if you do a
> chmod 777, it still fails.

The problem is that MS Project tries to write the timestamp of the file
You can see a 'Access Denied' at a IRP_MJ_SET_INFORMATION operation when
using FileMon. Set

	dos filetimes = Yes

for the share or set 'DOS filetimes' on the 'Advanced View' tab on
'Shares' page and the problem should go away. At least it did here. Now,
back to what I wanted to do this morning, which was do some project
planning :-)

Hope that this is of any help.

Nick
--
Qube Software, Ltd.                                             Private:
n_hibma at qubesoft.com                              n_hibma at webweaving.org
                                                     n_hibma at FreeBSD.ORG
http://www.qubesoft.com/                   http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/