rpcclient & enumprinters for large printcap files

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu May 10 13:03:59 GMT 2001

Here's the scoop,

Well Jeremy and I found the bug last night.  Unfortunately
it will not be fixed soon.  The problem is a bug in our
client side code wrt oversized PDUs.  When the needed
size > MAX_PDU_SIZE in a parsing struct, we need to fragment
the PDU and use SMBwrite instead of a single SMBtrans.

Fortunately, this has not gotten us into big trouble yet.
Jeremy knows how to fix it, but it will not be easy.
For now rpcclient will just have to stay as it is.
We'll keep working on it, but it won't be fixed for the 2.2.1
release is fairly certain.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org