Printing on Windows box

Dariusz J. Kawecki dariusz.kawecki at soft-eks.com.pl
Thu May 10 12:49:47 GMT 2001

It's a system based  on rh 6.2, samba 2.07. Printcap was created manually

After adding
	:if=/usr/bin/smbprint:\
to the printcap file (I've found such a line in O'Reilly book) and writing
as you wrote the command:
	cat <print file> | smbclient //printman/brother -U ... -c 'print -'

I've got the message:

added interface ip= .....
added interface ip=.....
added interface ip=.....
Got a positive name query response from <ip_number>
putting file - as stdin-18663 (40.2829 kb/s) (average 40.2832 kb/s)
and... the file WAS SENT to the printer !!! (that's good, thanks)

That's OK, but what about the queue on Samba? How can I print not directly
from server but from other stations?

Dariusz J. Kawecki
dariusz.kawecki at soft-eks.com.pl