No response from the port 137

Eric Boucher eric_boucher60 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 12:45:00 GMT 2001

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem. My two samba daemons are started
in my init.d directory. I can see that they are
started with the "ps" command. But when I try to do a
telnet on the port 137, it didn't want to connect. I
read that if you cannot telnet and connect on the 2
ports, this mean that samba daemon is not started (the
ports 139 works!). But what I don't understand is that
I can see it with the "ps" command (the daemons are
started with the -D options).Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Eric