printing too slow

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Thu May 10 10:49:21 GMT 2001

> Hello!
>
> Subject is not what I mean ;)
> I mean that when I click properties in w2k or nt4 response time is
> about a minute, the same story is when I select printer. For me this
> make printer not very usable :( Is it possible to turn off NT printing
> in 2.2.0?
We had similar problems with "slow printers". They gone away as we
set "lpq command" to /bin/echo. We have one busy but old HP network
printer attached to the sama server that does not respond to lpq
during printing. I susspect NT to querry all printers in a couple of
situations and then we had to wait for a time out.

Christian