Can't access de desktop

Edmund Lam epl at unimelb.edu.au
Thu May 10 03:00:14 GMT 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Abimael Ailton Machado wrote:

> Hi Cheers,
> I 'm using de samba 2.2.0, running linux red hat 7.0
> I sending you the smb.conf
> The problem is that, I can' t access the NT using the login an password
> configured in SAMBA because the NT can't access the desktop to load my
> profile correctly.  This happen only
> when  access de OS(NT 4.0) using the users of the Samba Server

Ah, so you aren't just using Samba as a file-server. This is a bit more
complex than I've had experience with. I can't only think of one piece of
advice and it might be wrong.

>    security = user
Should this be server or domain? Try it and see if it makes any
difference.

>    domain master = yes
>    domain logons = yes
>   domain admin group = @adm
Can you do this if "security = user"?

Why do you have two "os level" lines?
Why do you have two "netlogin" shares?

Try running testparm to check your smb.conf file.
Also increase the debugging level and read your unix logs.
Also try following the instructions in docs/textdocs/DIAGNOSIS.txt.

Otherwise, I hope someone else knows how to solve your problem.

Good Luck

Eddie