forced profiles (was: profile problems in 2.2.0)

Keith Warno keith.warno at valaran.com
Wed May 9 21:21:20 GMT 2001

Greetings.

I've read through Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf and the Windows Word doc
(Profiles_and_Policies.doc) it referenced on setting up roaming
profiles.  Profiles work but there are issues (see my earlier post:
"profile problems in 2.2.0") that the Samba team are aware of, issues
that render roaming profiles pretty useless.

So I grabbed the CVS source and it behaves as the 2.2.0 release (again,
see the earlier post).  What I would like to do is implement forced
profiles, ie, force win2k clients to use the profiles that are on the
samba PDC as opposed to allowing the win2k clients to create and use
local profiles.  I know this can be done in NT4 (the word doc speaks
about it) but we're using samba here, not NT4.  ;-)  Can samba do this
sort of thing and if so, how?

Thanks,
kw