Printer Driver Download Samba 2.2.0

Bunny Pfau bunny at hao.ucar.edu
Wed May 9 20:08:53 GMT 2001

Lately there's been some discussion of this feature which I
am currently trying to setup and I was *hoping* for the
discussion to point me to some more complete documentation
on this feature.

I'm currently pretty new to Samba configuration, setting up a Samba
2.2.0 server as PDC.  I have done that successfully, having my test
Win2K machine join the domain and netlogins work and so on...  now
I'm stumbling over how to set up my Samba server (a Sun Solaris 7 box)
to act as a printer driver download server for my Win2k machine. I've
read all documentation I can find,  but I need documentation that spells
it out for me at an elementary level, and I haven't been able to find that.
For example, I'm not even sure how to get the printer drivers onto
my samba server--do I dump the contents of the CDs into that directory?
Duh.

Can anyone point me in the right direction -- to some documentation or --?

---

Bunny Pfau                      National Center for Atmospheric Research
bunny at ucar.edu                  High Altitude Observatory
tel: 303 497-1555               P.O. Box 3000
fax: 303 497-1589               Boulder, CO  80307-3000