Can't access de desktop

Abimael Ailton Machado abimael at lac.inpe.br
Mon May 7 23:57:45 GMT 2001

Hi Cheers,
I 'm using de samba 2.2.0, running linux red hat 7.0
I sending you the smb.conf
The problem is that, I can' t access the NT using the login an password
configured in SAMBA because the NT can't access the desktop to load my
profile correctly.  This happen only
when  access de OS(NT 4.0) using the users of the Samba Server

Thanks to help me

the file smb.conf:

[global]

   netbios name = Pegasus
   workgroup = MYGROUP
   server string = Samba Server
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
guest account = ftp
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   status=yes
  encrypt passwords = yes
  smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
  unix password sync = Yes
  passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
  passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
  username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%m
 local master = yes
   os level = 254
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   logon script = %U.bat
   logon path = \\%L\%U\profile
    logon drive = h:
    logon home = \\%L\home\%u
   wins support = yes
  domain admin group = @adm
  add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
  os level=65
  dns proxy = no

[homes]
   comment =" Home Directories for %u"
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
  guest ok =no
   read only = no
   create mask = 0700
   directory mask = 0700
   oplocks = false
   locking = no
 [netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
    share modes = no

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[public]
   comment = Public Stuff
   path = /home/samba
   public = yes
   read only = yes
   write list = @staff

[netlogon]
  path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
  writeable = no
  guest ok = no

-
> Path is too long"

   Hmm, I'm not sure if there is enough detail for me to work out what
has
happened. Can you tell us -
1) Have you got any other shares working correctly. What about a
   guest-only default tmp share?
2) What is the path and name of the share on the Unix side?
3) Presumably, you are trying to access the share in Network
   Neighbourhood - right?