2.2.0 pass thru validation

Mike Black mblack at csihq.com
Wed May 9 10:14:37 GMT 2001

I installed 2.2.0 and started having problems with users getting verified (I'm using security=domain)

When a user is logged into the domain there's no problem.  The user is validated as DOMAIN/USER.
However, when they login to their local machine the samba server tries only to veryify MACH/USER on the domain controller.

Shouldn't it then fall-thru to DOMAIN/USER if MACH/USER fails?

I changed password.c to use our domain name instead of the passed-in client domain name.
I'm sure that it just needs another call after trying MACH/USER to then try DOMAIN/USER but I couldn't quite figure out which variable held the domain name.

Michael D. Black   Principal Engineer
mblack at csihq.com  321-676-2923,x203
http://www.csihq.com  Computer Science Innovations
http://www.csihq.com/~mike  My home page