printings

Patrizia Canton cantonpa at unive.it
Wed May 9 07:16:08 GMT 2001

I am at this point now:
I am connected as root, today it works, yesterday it does not work (maybe
rebooting, I do not know).
BUT when I open the printer folder and try to assign the New driver
to the printer I endend with "It is impossible to obtain the specified
driver. The initial settings will be used".
So I cannot assign the driver.
I checked the directory permission of my /usr/local/samba/printers
the directory and the subdirectory is owned by root, and everybody can rwx
.
this is my smb.conf
[global]
    netbios name = romeo
    printing = bsd
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    load printers = yes
    invalid users = bin daemon adm sync shutdown halt mail news uucp
operator gopher
    security = user
    workgroup = raggi-x
    domain logons = yes
    server string=
    log file= /var/log/samba/samba.log.%m
    log level=3
    syslog only = no
    syslog = 0
    socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096
    encrypt passwords = yes
    wins support = yes
    os level = 34
    domain master = yes
    local master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    logon path=\\%L\Profiles
    logon script = scripts\%u.bat
    logon drive= E:
    logon home=\\romeo\utenti\%u
    name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
    dns proxy = no
    preserve case = yes
    short preserve case = yes
    unix password sync = false
#   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
#passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\sn;ew\sU#NIX\spassword;:* %n\n .
    max log size = 1000
[printers]
    comment =
    path=/usr/spool/public