Directory Refresh

Rich Fernandez rfernandez at arrow.com
Tue May 8 19:22:57 GMT 2001

Hello,

I just installed 2.2.0 on AIX 4.3.3 and created a share for test purposes.
Clients will be connecting from NT4 clients.
Someone has written a Visual C++ app that at one point does a dir on the
mapped Samba drive.

I've found articles discussing a similar problem, but have been unable to
find a solution that works for me.
The problem manifests like this:
1) Create a file in the shared unix directory
2) Run the C++ app (dir)
3) File is not found
4) wait a few (2 or 3) seconds
5) dir
6) File is found

This delay is not acceptable, and neither is coding a "sleep" into the
program before it does its dir.

I've changed the "change notify timeout" parameter from the default of 60 to
a value of 5, but this had no effect on performance.

I'm at a loss as to what else to try. Can anyone provide assistance?
I can provide smb.conf or output of testparm if it would help

TIA

Rich