Unable to browse Linux shares from windows.

Keith Mastin kmastin at beechtree-its.com
Tue May 8 17:15:49 GMT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Simon Allenby wrote:

>Keith,
>
>It sounds like you have stopped your WINS server which previously was
>running on one of your machines, with the other two pointing at it for WINS
>services. Check "wins support = yes" in one machine's smb.conf, and that the
>other machines have "wins server = x.x.x.x" set to point to the fist
>machine. Your Windows clients also need to be pointed at your first machine
>for proper browsing to work.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Simon

Simon,
Thanks for the input. I have all of the above configured, and have
mysteriously regained one machine, but not the one that has the printers
attached. As that is the one with all my data files, it is the one I am
most interested in having connected.
This was all running perfrectly until friday, and I had it back up
yesterday for a few hours. The weird thing is that I did nothing
different, just kept trying the same things over, so it makes no sense
that it works some of the time but not all of the time.
Any thing else I could look into?

Keith Mastin	     kmastin at beechtree-its.com
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    M4G 3V5    Tel(416)696-6070
	http://www.beechtree-its.com