Mapping Network Drives

Mitch McNeel mitchm at mwh.com
Tue May 8 17:32:49 GMT 2001

Yes, I have the same problem!!  I have not seen or heard of any fix for this
as of yet, other than having the user disconnect all manually map drives and
re-connect.

By the way, what OS (Unix) are you running?  What version of Samba are you
running?

I'm running Solaris 2.6 (with latest patches) and Samba version is 2.0.7.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Lynn.Dicks at swfwmd.state.fl.us wrote:

> I am running Samba on a Unix machine.  I have NT clients that map drives to
> this Unix machine.  Every once in a while a user will lose the ability to
> map a drive to the Unix machine.  The error message that they get is as
> follows
>
> "Incorrect password or unknown username for:"
>
> Putting in the correct username and password does not work.  The user ends
> up having to disconnect all mapped drives to the Unix machine and then they
> are able to reconnect to the Unix machine.
>
> Has anyone ever heard of this kind of problem?  Any ideas on how to correct
> the problem.
>
> --

                        ((~) (~))
                         ( (_) )
                          { ~ }
Mitch McNeel                               # Phone Ext. 2236
Unix Systems Administrator                 # Phone Num. 858-831-2210
Maintenance Warehouse/A Home Depot Company # http://www.mwh.com